Thank you for considering booking your African Safari Holiday with Kilitop & Safaris. Below please find our Safari booking terms and conditions.
1.Once you have agreed to the safari holiday arrangements with Kilitop & Safaris, you will need to pay a 20% down payment of the total for your safari arrangements to be confirmed. You have to clear the balance of your safari trip 45 days prior to your arrival. A safari holiday that is booked within 45 days then, full payment will be required.
2. You can use the following modes of payment to pay for you holiday: a bank transfer from your bank to Kilitop & Safaris account; a certified bank draft to our benefit; a charge to your credit card. We accept payment by credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express. However incase you decide to pay using credit card there is an extra 5% local bank charged.Our safari expert will be more than happy to explain to you, the payment process in more detail after the planning of your safari is complete and you have accepted our proposal.
3. Cancellation and Refund Policy: If you decide to cancel you safari holiday for any reason, we expect you to communicate to us in writing. The following arrangement will apply
Cancellation done 91 days or more prior to the safari start of Safari – The entire amount will be refunded minus US$ 500 to cover administrative expenses.
50 – 90 days prior to the safari of the safari – 15% of the total safari cost will be rained by us
49 – days prior to safari start 70% to be rained retained by us
39 – days or less prior to your arrival 100% cancellation charges will apply
In the event that you fail to join any of our Safari Holiday or join it after its commencement or leave it before its completion, there will be no refund to made made. Kilitop & Safaris will also not refund any money for any unused portions of your African Safari and tour. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made via Kilitop & Safaris.
4. Insurance: It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover yourself, as well as any of your dependants and traveling companions for the duration of your Holiday in Africa.
The insurance coverage should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, evacuation expenses in the event of an emergency, medical costs incurred in hospitals, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Kilitop & Safaris will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by you, your dependents or traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
You will settle the bills directly with relevant service providers for any emergency services that you may need. It is recommended that you carry the relevant insurance coverage, otherwise you may find yourself in a position where you are unable to access such services.
5. Safari program amendment: Although we make every effort to adhere to the confirmed itinerary that you are holding, you should note that occasionally routes, lodges and camps may be changed while on safari due to changing conditions.
Such conditions may be due to seasonal rainfall on bush tracks or “airfields” in game areas, by game migrations from one region to another, or airline or other booking problems. Kilitop & Safaris shall not be held responsible for such changes on the itinerary. We may be compelled to substitute campsites, hotels and/or lodges and to alter the itinerary should this be considered necessary or advisable.
6. Inside the parks & reserves: Be informed that our safaris may take you into close encounter with wild animals. While attacks by wild animals are quite rare, we cannot guarantee you that that this will not occur when you are deep into African wilderness.
Kilitop & Safaris shall not be held responsible for any injury or incident on the safari. Please note that many safari properties such as lodges and camps are not fenced and that wildlife does move freely in and around these areas.
It is always recommended that you follow the safety instructions from the lodge, guide or camp staff with regards to moving to and from your tent and while on game activities throughout your safari.
7. Air Transportation: We advise you to book your International return ticket from your local travel agent.
8. Taxes and Levies: Included on your African tour holiday are the government taxes and levies, hotel taxes as imposed by local authorities and the state governments, entrance fees to National Parks and Game Reserves that you will visit.
9. Not Included in safari Price: Cost of acquiring passports ,valid visas, medical and travel insurance, flight excess baggage charges, items of a personal nature such as laundry, soft and alcoholic drinks in lodges and camps unless included on the tour cost, communication charges (calls, faxes, emails, etc.) , international airport departure tax (to be paid in U.S. dollars cash), extra cost incurred due to deviations from the tour, and gratuities to your safari guides, Camping crew & Hotels staff.
10. Complaints. Should you have a dispute whilst on safari, the matter must without delay be brought to the attention (and put on record) of the local representative, hotel, lodge or camp management. It is likely that your complaint will be satisfactorily resolved immediately. However , if you wish to pursue the matter further on your return from your safari trip, it is important that the complaint is communicated in writing to Kilitop & Safaris within 14 days at the end of your tour and not forgetting to quote tour reference, destination and departure, and date. Kilitop & Safaris cannot accept responsibility of any complaints which are not notified entirely in accordance to this clause.
11. Force Majeure “Force Majeure” is when the execution of contractual services is prevented or affected by factors beyond the control of Kilitop &Safaris including, but not limited to acts of God, industrial dispute, war and threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, natural disasters such as weather conditions, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, fire, governmental actions and other unexpected occurrences.
In such circumstances, we shall not be liable to pay you any compensation or otherwise be responsible for any expenses or losses the client may incur as a result of cancelling services, delay ,curtail or change your arrangements in any way or where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected.
Kilitop & Safaris also reserves the right to accept or decline any traveler on any safari trip, before or during the trip should such person’s mental or physical condition affect the operation of the service or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other travelers. In this case a refund of the unused land services is the limit of Kilitop liability to the traveler removed.
As your ground operator, Kilitop reserves the right to relocate accommodation if schedules, security matters and /or events beyond our reasonable control dictate that. We can also modify or alter the itinerary of any Safari tour.
12.Liabilities and Insurance: While on an African Safari Trip with Kilitop, every possible care is taken to safeguard you and your property, we only act as your agent in all matters relating to tours and accepts no responsibility for any personal illness, injury, accident, death, flights delay, any kind of loss, damage or irregularity of any kind, which may be occasioned by reason of any act or omission beyond our control, including without limitation, any act of negligence or breach of contract of any third party that we use in provision of our services such as Airlines, hotels, camps etc.
13.Photography – We reserve the right to make use of any photography or film taken on your trip by our staff for promotional purposes without payment or seeking permission. Where a client makes available to the Company photographs of their own, Smart African Travel reserves the right to make use of such photos.
14.Agreeing to pay a down payment or any other partial payment for a reservation constitutes consent to all provisions of the conditions and general information enclosed herewith. The terms under which you agree to take these trips cannot be changed or amended except in writing signed by an authorized officer of Kilitop & Safaris.